background

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

As good as Disney

Tonight we had a wonderful night. We went to Wal-Mart where I bought a new book for myself and Heath bought himself his first ever pair of steel toed work boots. Then we headed over to Target to let the kids each pick out a toy. We don't do this often so it's a big deal. Luke got a new Magic Treehouse book, Levi got a hippo Webkinz, and Londyn got a doll stroller. Then, to really top off the night, we all went and had supper at What-a-Burger. We have never eaten there. Seriously.

I sent Levi to go get napkins. I told him to get about 10. When he came back he said, "I accidently got one more than 10."

Also I saw Londyn wisper something in Heath's ear. Then she crawled under the table. Then I saw her little hand put her chocolate chip cookie on the seat of the booth beside me. She knows how I feel about chocolate chip cookies. Especially ones that have been laid on public booths. ;) And this was her very sweet gift to me.

I told the children to make sure that they were full because they weren't getting any snack tonight when they got home. (It was 10:30 when we got there.) Luke said, "How could we after this feast?!

I don't know why tonight felt perfect and special...but it did. And I'm not the only one who thought so. Levi said as we were leaving, "Tonight was as good as Disney." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment