background

Monday, November 1, 2010

November Thankfulness

Well, it's here! November is here! I have been wondering how to best celebrate Thanksgiving for a few days now. I know it's about pilgrams and indians and God helping them to survive that first year and history. But it's also about THANSGIVNG! What an awesome thing. Being thankful for what you have. It's so powerful. Just this morning as I posted a thankful thing on facebook it got me thinking about how I want to focus...I mean REALLY FOCUS...on thanksgiving all month. I'm still trying to decide how, but my mind is whirring with ideas. Maybe the kids and I will post thanskgiving verses around our house and learn them this month? Maybe we can have a movie night and watch Maddeme Blueberry? Maybe we will try to incorporate a lot more Thanksgiving in our prayers? I'm sure I will turn to google for more creatiive ideas. I'm still not sure how, but I've decided that I really want us to practice being more thankful this month. What better time? And I don't know of anything that can lift your spirits quite like counting your blessings. With Heath leaving for MO again in just 4 days it will be a challenge and just what we need! I'm really excited. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment