background

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

bratty books

We all love books and we go to the library pretty often. I was thinking lately about how in so many of the children's books the children are bratty and obnoxious. It's annoying to me for some reason. I don't even like READING about obnoxious children.

We have a game we play when we read them. I read, and when the child becomes all rude and stuff I start just making up the text. Usually the parent grabs some sort of whipping utensil and starts using it on the child, and then the child changes into an obedient loving child with some respect for his/her elders and a decent attitude.

My children love it and think this is a hysterical game.

But then they always want me to read the book right, so I do.

Ugh.

Who writes this stuff anyway?

I think my game works though. Working means my children realize that they are not to act like that and also that this monsterous behaviour is completely rude. They always wind up talking about how that kid was a brat and really did need a spanking. But usually in the book the parents somehow do whatever it takes to make the kid happy.

Oh well, at least it's realistic. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment