background

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Camping trip


Heath took the children camping at Bear Lake last weekend. They had never been camping before except in our backyard. They loved it. It's Tuesday and they are still talking about it nonstop.

LillyAnne and I went with them for a little while Saturday afternoon. We just just stayed for the swimming and the setting up of camp. She wore herself out in a hurry though and was asleep by the time I got home. 

The rest of my crew cooked out over the fire and made smores and told stories and did all the typical camping stuff.  They were getting the pokers that you hold the hotdogs and marshmellows red hot and then Luke decided he didn't want anyone to hurt themselves on it so he threw it behind the tent.  Heath walked back there and stepped on them and has two long blisters on the bottoms of his feet. 

The next morning they woke up with the sun and got right to fishing. My children love to fish, but it's definitely not my thing. They fished all morning and didn't catch anything because apparantly the fish were bigger than the lines could hold. They just kept breaking the lines. :( They were fishing with chicken livers (gag) so I'm assuming they were getting catfish.

Afterward they went hiking. Two deer jumped across the trail so that was pretty exciting for them. Then they came back and packed up and LillyAnne and I picked them up about noon. We headed straight to a cook out at some friends house where they swam for THREE AND A HALF HOURS!!! They were sooooooo tired. Can I just tell you that they were alseep EARLY Sunday night? It was a fabulous weekend.  I think camping will definitely become a Newcomb family tradition.





No comments:

Post a Comment