background

Friday, June 11, 2010

Joyfully at Home

Well, my new adventure hasn't been all bad. I miss my husband a ridiculous amount yes, but I have also learned some valuable lessons.

Lesson #1: Be content at home. Anyone who knows me knows that I like to be on the go. I like to go SOMEWHERE every day whether is is out to eat, or to the library, or to the park, to the beach, to see the horses or just whatever. Well, the first few days Heath was gone it was STORMING, for days and days and days. Relentless rain. I thought I would lose my mind the first two days. But by day three I had changed. (although the rain didn't stop until about day 5) I didn't feel the need to leave and I began to conciously focus on the joy of staying at home. We would light candles and do puzzles or read books. We would hop in the pool when there was a break in the clouds. (which would last about 20 minutes) I would reorganize a pantry, or closet or scrub some baseboards. And I learned to really like it! Now I'm not saying that I don't still love doing all the aforementioned things. I do. I just have also learned to REALLY LOVE being at home. I'm content. I'm happy. And that is a very valuable lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment