background

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Glucose test

I went to the midwife today and got back the results of my glucose test. The big news is....I failed. Yippee.

That means that tonight I can't have anything to eat after midnight, then I have to be at Baptist Heath Center at 7:00am, with no breakfast, then they take my blood, then I drink nasty stuff (nastier than before), then they stick me and take more blood every hour for the next three hours.

Good times.

And that's not even the end of it. Tomorrow is Friday so I won't get the results in until Monday. Which means that I'm supposed to act like I have gestational diabetes until I know if I do or not. Just to be safe. And I get to wonder about it all weekend.

Sigh. I really hope I don't have it.

I'll let you know when I get the results!

1 comment:

  1. My midwife had me eat a certain breakfast and just pricked my finger. It's supposed to be way more accurate.
    Plus, it's much less annoying.
    With your next baby you should ask if you can do the glucose test diet instead of the drink.

    ReplyDelete